HFDL (High Frequency Data Link) monitoring HFDL@acars-vdl2.groups.io
This group is the number one resource for everything about the High Frequency Data Link protocol (HFDL aka 'HF ACARS'), which is used to send ACARS-like messages from and to aircraft on shortwave frequencies (2-22 MHz).
HFDL is operated by ARINC as the GLOBALink/HF service, with 16 ground stations spread over the globe. The last ground station became active in May 2019 which was Ground Station ID 10 MUAN - SOUTH KOREA.
In this group, you will find:
- The latest version of PC-HFDL;
- An up-to-date PC-HFDL system table file;
- A set of technical articles about HFDL;
- Questions and Answers (see the Wiki);
- Relevant links (see the Wiki);
If you encouter interesting HFDL messages feel free to share them in a post.
Please do not upload your logfiles. The freely available space is limited.
- 86 Members
- 8 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of main.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.