Topics

136.600 for ARINC in USA

Sergio Sarabia

New license in 136.600 of ARINC for KLGB Long Beach.

Dan Henry

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 02:36 PM, Sergio Sarabia wrote:
New license in 136.600 of ARINC for KLGB Long Beach.
Hi Sergio,

Thank you for spotting that.  I believe that is the first reported license for 136.600 .

I just added 136.600 to the list for monitoring in the SE USA near KHRT just in case.  136.700 has been quiet since it was added last November.  That makes 5 US frequencies now.

Thanks,
-Dan

Kevin Elliott

Dan,

What are the 5 US freqs now?

Thanks,
Kevin

On Jun 10, 2020, at 1:06 PM, Dan Henry via groups.io <danhenry@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 02:36 PM, Sergio Sarabia wrote:
New license in 136.600 of ARINC for KLGB Long Beach.
Hi Sergio,

Thank you for spotting that.  I believe that is the first reported license for 136.600 .

I just added 136.600 to the list for monitoring in the SE USA near KHRT just in case.  136.700 has been quiet since it was added last November.  That makes 5 US frequencies now.

Thanks,
-Dan

Dan Henry

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 03:20 PM, Kevin Elliott wrote:
What are the 5 US freqs now?
Hi Kevin,

The first three are very active.

136.650  ARINC only
136.800  SITA only
136.975  Primary (both ARINC and SITA).  International freq.

136.700  Was added last November 2019.  Little to no traffic, but at least one GSIF confirmed.
136.600  ARINC only. Just added June 2020.  Only one license so far I believe.

With dumpvdl2 it is just as easy to monitor all 5 frequencies as it is one.  Monitoring all 5 puts very little load on even a minimal CPU.  Sergio is very good at tracking license data.  He discovered both 136.7 and 136.6.

-Dan

Kevin Elliott

Thanks Dan! This lines up with what I knew. I appreciate it very much. Been using those three with vdlm2dec for about 8 months. I’ll have to add the other two.

Side note: I’ve been working on an aggregation service for ACARS/VDL for some time now, and have had quite a lot of success receiving VDL (in some cases much more traffic than ACARS). It’s still alpha, but https://app.airframes.io if anyone is interested.

Best,
Kevin

On Jun 10, 2020, at 1:35 PM, Dan Henry via groups.io <danhenry@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 03:20 PM, Kevin Elliott wrote:
What are the 5 US freqs now?
Hi Kevin,

The first three are very active.

136.650  ARINC only
136.800  SITA only
136.975  Primary (both ARINC and SITA).  International freq.

136.700  Was added last November 2019.  Little to no traffic, but at least one GSIF confirmed.
136.600  ARINC only. Just added June 2020.  Only one license so far I believe.

With dumpvdl2 it is just as easy to monitor all 5 frequencies as it is one.  Monitoring all 5 puts very little load on even a minimal CPU.  Sergio is very good at tracking license data.  He discovered both 136.7 and 136.6.

-Dan

JetDX

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 11:50 PM, Kevin Elliott wrote:
It’s still alpha, but https://app.airframes.io if anyone is interested.
This is a great site, thanks for setting it up. I've already sent in the request directly but thought I'd mention it here anyway, is there a way to set up the vdlm2dec data so that the station ID (hex code) is displayed in the messages on your website ? This would be very helpful when trying to identify new stations. I'm not familiar with vdlm2dec myself, but there are a few people on the list here that might have a solution ?

thebaldgeek

vdlm2Dec provides the stations raw hex code.
You can either hard code the hex codes to known locations (airport codes), which is what I foolishly did in my website code.
Or you can do a database lookup against the groups db. (The better way to go).

Hope that helps.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 02:05 AM, thebaldgeek wrote:
Or you can do a database lookup against the groups db. (The better way to go).

While it's helpful if they are decoded it would be fine if just the raw hex code was displayed.