Topics

Antennas for Inmarsat AERO band #JAERO

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Hello,
I think to have traced down my problems to  my faulty Ajo LP inmarsat antenna.
I wish to replace this defect antenna by another brand.
My notebook is abt. 20m away from my balcony where I want to mast-mount any
Inmarsat antenna on a mast stand...I feed the Inmarsat data to my notebook through
a powered 20m long USB cable.
Trials with some patch antennas here do not produce usable signal-data sufficiently strong
for my JAERO and EGC Tekmanoid decoder.
WHICH ANTENNA-S DO YOU USE ?? - excepting patch antennas of course ? Please provide its detailed name !
Where exactly could I get such antenna-s ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Regards,
Roland

Paul Gulliver

Photo of my setup - https://flic.kr/p/2iUAES1

Dish: 80CM from ebay or an old Sky dish is suitable

Feed: Helix - construction here https://uhf-satcom.com/satellite-reception/l-band  and alternative construction here http://www.merseyradar.co.uk/airband-radio/l-band-diy-antennas-for-jaero/ - this last option gives a more professional finish but requires items to be 3D printed

LNA: Nooelec

Receiver: RSP1A

Software: SDR Console, Virtual Audio cable, Jaero

Paul

Hello,