Topics

Display Launcher Flight Routes sqb file PC-HFDL-DISPLAY

reg williams

Not sure if I am in the right group for this question.
I am now getting to grips with Display Launcher,  PC-HFDL is a .great program to use alongside PC-HFDL  I have used "Tools" in DISPLAY LAUNCHER to extract the latest PlanePlotter flight route sqb file. The extracted file has no text when viewing IT in the temp routes folder of DL  Mike does warn there may be problems doing this. Is there another way to convert the file external to DL and then place it in the correct DL folder? I have looked at various websites to do this but seems complicated.. One on line site thought the "flight routes sqb file was a "TIF" file. which did not impress me to much.
Many Thanks

Reg

Paul Gulliver

Edited

Post deleted

David J Taylor

Please be aware of the conditions of use of this data:

"This data may not be copied, published, or incorporated into other databases without the explicit permission of David J Taylor, Edinburgh."

Basically this is to acknowledge that the data is collected by unpaid volunteers, and may not be used for commercial purposes. Use within PlanePlotter has been approved.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Paul Gulliver

Thanks for the heads up David, in view of your post I have deleted my reply

agene

Hi Paul,

Display-Launcher just requires a simple DB consisting of the flight separated by a comma from the route which may be in either 3 letter IATA or 4 letter ICAO format, e.g.
QF0011,SYD-LAX
The file must be named Flights.txt

When I wrote the program about 5 years or more ago, I was actually supplying data to the PP .sqb files for flights in the Far East/Oceania area but was advised that they were no longer interested in it as it made their DB too large and there was no interest for these flights in Europe. However by then I had included the tools to convert the PP .sqb files for use in Display-Launcher and it has been there ever since. I don't know if it still works or not, they may have changed format at some time, I no longer have any of their DB files.

As Display-Launcher is not a commercial program, I didn't consider it covered by their restrictions at that time, especially as I was one of those supplying data.

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia

David J Taylor

[...]

www.agenetools.com

Yes, I'm quite happy with that. Amateur use of the data is fine.

I'm surprised that the data was not of interest. I'm sure that Jim Mason (who runs our flight route database) would at least like to know about the data and perhaps incorporate it. The size limitation no longer applies as we're using a different upload server.

Jim accepts data in plain text format such as:

GLA LHR BAW1234
BHX ABZ BAW1237
BAW1236 GLA BHX LHR
Varies BAW1236

with the order determining whether it's a 2-leg or 3-leg flight. I've CC:ed Jim this note.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...